Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A warm welcome


Dr. Liao and me in her office

I just got back from lunch with Dr. Liao, the director of the Institute of Political Science, and Dr. Hwang, an associate professor of political science. We ate at a nice western restaraunt on the beach at a table with an oceanfront view. The professors gave me a warm welcome and some advice on what courses to take while I am here. I have a mailbox in the political science department for announcements and they gave me a magnetic card and I will receive a key tomorrow so I can use a political science graduate student computer lab 24 hours a day. Since I don't have a laptop of my own, this is a lifesaver! I should be able to chat and hopefully make international calls from this room, so I will be in touch regularly with my family and girlfriend while I am over here! Sweet...

Anyway, I don't have much more to report at this time. Some of the political science graduate students and doctoral candidates are coming by in a couple of hours to give me a guided tour of campus and take me out to dinner. I was going to go swimming at the pool today, but I think that can wait. I have decided I need to go swim or lift weights or something at least a few days a week if I am going to be eating a ton of Chinese food every day.

I have a few pictures to load on flickr, but it seems to be down right now. I will get those up as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet..a picture...now i know whats going on...okay, i'm in class, so i better concentrate. have funn.