Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Back from the base...

I just got back from the base and it's lunch break now. I took a tour of the base's fire department and took a few pictures, but before I publish any of those, I am going to get in touch with the PAO (Public Affairs Officer). I hear he's been there a long time and speaks perfect Japanese, so he seems like a good guy to get advice from about this and other topics.

Unfortunately, you have to be in the military to buy stuff at the on base store, so I couldn't get cheap contact lens solution, dryer sheets, and Code Red Mountain Dew. But at least I got to eat Jalapeno poppers and pizza for lunch at Sbarro! Next time, Taco Bell! (The only ones in Japan that I know of are on American military bases.)

It's still raining, but I'm at least halfway dry. I still have to see the earthquake simulator and firefighter museum. Then Yakiniku for dinner!

1 comment:

おにぎりまん said...

Code Red? Bleh... I'll take the Taco Bell...