Sunday, June 19, 2005

Having a cold sucks...

Well, I still have a cold, but it's a little better. It started out with just a sore throat, but that has cleared up and now I just have massive congestion. I have to take it easy because I have a full week of getting shown around by the fire bureau. I went in this morning for introductions and a brief overview. This afternoon, they are going to give me an introduction into their organization and facilities. I get to tour the building and see this 'earthquake proof foundation' everyone keeps talking about. This is great timing, since there was an earthquake last night at about 1:15 in the morning. It was a 3 here in Yokosuka, but I think it was like a 4 in Chiba prefecture (northeast of Tokyo). It wasn't too strong, but it seemed to last a while. I am normally asleep at that time, but I took a 3 hour nap on Sunday. Since I've been here, I've been running around like crazy, so I haven't had time to take it easy and relax. Sunday was the first day I could 'goro goro' (lay around and do nothing) all day. It was pure bliss.

But I did remember to call my dad on Father's Day! I hope everyone else did, as well!

I will try to make time to post again later this week. I have a ton of pictures from this weekend and I'm sure I will have more later in the week. I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures of the camera I borrowed from the International Affairs Division, but I should be able to get those loaded by the end of the week.

I probably won't be able to answer e-mails for a few days. They are talking about letting me leave like 3o minutes early today, so I will take advantage of that and go straight home for dinner, a bath, and bed.

Ja ne!

1 comment:

おにぎりまん said...

In Japan, the safest place during an earthquake at home is in the oshiire, where you keep your futon. At least that's where my grandma use to dive into when an earthquakte hit. And go to the dotcor and get some medicine. Japan is the worst place to get sick, it seems, because you can never relax. I hated catching a cold there...